Abraham Diaz has a wealth of knowledge across the Intellectual Property spectrum and serves as one of the senior members of the firm. Although he spends most of his time in IP Litigation matters, he is constantly working with media and entertainment companies on Copyright matters. Abraham focuses his practice on Copyright, Trademarks and unfair competition, litigation, licensing and prosecution matters. He counsels clients on any IP related matters, and handles matters involving trademarks, trade dress, product configuration, unfair competition, advertisement related matters, false advertising, trade secrets, plant breeder’s rights, vegetal varieties and Internet related Intellectual Property issues. His Internet experience includes handling domain disputes under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) and the Local Dispute Resolution Policy (LDRP), as well as counseling clients concerning the development of websites and the protection of the content thereof.
Abraham counsels transnational and domestic companies in such industries as entertainment, apparel, media and publishing, technology and telecommunications, consumer products and services, pharmaceuticals and financial services.
He has authored various articles involving IP and Internet related matters and he has lectured on various topics in the Intellectual Property field, at national and international fora.
+52 (55) 53223000 Ext. 3402
+52 (55) 53223001
• IP Litigation & ADR
• Anti-piracy, Anti-counterfeit & Enforcement
• Domain Names
• DC Comics. Counsel in order to apply for the declaratory of fame for the trademarks SUPERMAN & DESIGN; S SHIELD DESIGN; BATMAN and BATMAN logo. (2011)
• Grupo Elektra. Counsel in order to assert its IP rights on Facebook. (2011)
• El Palacio de Hierro. Representation in UDRP complaints in order to recover the domain names soytotalmentepalacio.com and elpalaciodehierro.com.mx. (2011)
• Research in Motion Limited (RIM) v. Adanely Núñez. Represented RIM in Copyright litigation. (2010)
• Director Roberto Hernández & Producer Layda Negrete v. Víctor Daniel Reyes Bravo & the State of Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco. Copyright litigation matter related to the Emmy winner award documentary “Presumed Guilty”. (2010)
• Scholastic, Inc. v. Corporación Escolática Mexicana, S.A. de C.V. Represented Scholastic in civil litigation in order to avoid the payment of damages. (2010)
• “How to prevent frivolous actions”. Managing Intellectual Property Magazine. [May 2012].
• “Enforcing plant variety rights in Mexico”. IP in the Life Sciences Industries - supplement to Intellectual Asset Magazine. .
• “Image and publicity rights in Mexico”. World Trademark Review Magazine. [September 2008].
• “Vegetal variety rights enforced”. Managing Intellectual Property Magazine. [June 2008].
• “Back to old times”. Managing Intellectual Property Magazine. [April 2007].
• ISOC Next Generation Leaders E-learning Programme. .
• Postgraduate studies on Intellectual Property Rights. Ilustre y Nacional Colegio de Abogados de México, Mexico City .
• Juris Doctor, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Mexico City. . Thesis: "El sistema Internet ante los derechos de autor” (Internet and copyrights) - awarded by the Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property.
When I'm not being a lawyer...
Although IP law is one of my passions, I'm fond of theology, spirituality, sports, music, travelling, movies and reading. I'm also a great admirer of Spiritual leaders and social reformers and thinkers such as Jesus, Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., Tolstoi; Ruskin, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson and Henry David Thoreau. I believe that great positive changes may come to society through the force of one and therefore endeavor myself to be a pattern of good deeds.