Antonio is a Partner of the firm since 1994 and has been practicing IP law since 1988. He currently commands a group of lawyers devoted to all type of legal cases related to Distinctive Signs, such as Trademarks, Slogans, Trade Dress, Trade Names and Appellations of Origin, including searches, filing, prosecution, license and assignment agreements; litigation before both the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property and the Federal Courts in cases related to invalidity, cancellation and infringement; anti-counterfeiting actions; unfair competition, comparative and ambush advertisement issues. He designs legal strategies for contentious matters and counsels clients on all type of Distinctive Signs issues where complexity requires the involvement of a Partner. He closely supervises all work done by his group of trademark lawyers and legal assistants and gives the upmost attention to communication with clients.
+52 (55) 53223000 Ext. 3300
+52 (55) 53223001
• IP Litigation & ADR
• Distinctive Signs
• PepsiCo, Inc.. Head of the Trademark Team obtaining a declaratory of PEPSI as a famous trademark in Mexico, being such declaratory one of the first issued in Mexico. (2011)
• Schering-Plough. Successful settlement negotiations on behalf of Schering-Plough HealthCare products, resolving a long legal dispute over Trademark Dr. Scholl's & Oval design for pharmaceutical products. (2011)
• McDonald's Corporation. Head of the Litigation Group on behalf of McDonald's Corporation for several invalidity actions against Mc formative trademarks registered by third parties and enforcement actions against several infringement restaurants in Mexico, such as: McTortas, Mc Rubys, Mc Pollos, Mc Hotchos, McPato, etc. (XX)
• PepsiCo, Inc. Advising and representing PesiCo, Inc. in several further litigation cases mainly invalidity and infringement proceedings being the most important: The Coca Cola Company vs PepsiCo, Inc. and its Mexican subsidiaries and bottlers. This case was an infringement action by The Coca Cola Company claiming trademark infringement by PepsiCo, Inc, Pepsi-Cola Mexicana; PepsiCo de México and thirty two Pepsi bottlers as derived from trademark registration of Coca Cola’s contour bottle. Antonio headed the group of lawyers within the firm defending PepsiCo group of companies and the bottlers and after six years of litigation the case was successfully settled in benefit of PepsiCo group. Thanks to the decisive intervention in this case and solid defense as designed by Antonio plaintiff withdrew from all actions. (2004-2010)
• Bacardi & Company, Ltd. Trademark due diligence for the purchase of Tequila Cazadores, S.A.de C.V., including legal opinions on several litigation issues critical for the transaction. (2002)
• Mossimo, Inc. Successful invalidity actions on behalf of Mossimo, Inc. against trademark registrations for MOSSIMO and MOSSIMO and Design in various classes and further litigation consisting in infringement proceedings resulting in the shut-down of various MOSSIMO fake boutiques. (1993-1998)
• Nardi Italia S.p.A. Leading a succesful representation of this Italian company against a big coutnerfeit operation in Mexico City, in which tons of counterfeit luxury car parts were seized and counterfeiters were indicted. (1996)
• “Nullity and Non-Use Cancellation Actions under the Mexican Law of Industrial Property”. The Trademark Yearbook.
• “Trademark Infringement proceedings under the Mexican Law of Industrial Property”. The Trademark Yearbook.
• “The Declaratory of Fame and Notoriety of Trademarks under the Mexican Law of Industrial Property”. MarcaSur.
• Introduction to the US legal system and English for Lawyers. New York City, USA. 
• Course of English. Lennox School at Cambridge, England. 
• Juris Doctor. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Mexico City.